Today, there are several different YouTube to MP3 converters that it can sometimes be difficult to know which one to trust. It is precisely due to this reason that we have rounded up the best tools that you can use for ripping audio from YouTube videos and saving it in MP3 format safely and quickly.
Whether you would like to music from a video offline whenever you please or turn the YouTube channel you love into a podcast that you can enjoy listening to while you work, the tools below are ideal for the job.
What is the Best YouTube to MP3 Converter?
Here are the top picks for the best YouTube to MP3 converter:
1. YTMP3: YouTube to MP3 Converter
One of the most accessible YouTube to MP3 converters currently available is YTMP3. Fortunately, not only is YTMP3 a free tool, but it is also compatible with devices of all types, including tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Focus on Quality: YTMP3 does not let you adjust the quality of files, but the built-in code for the software always ensures the best possible quality.
- File Name Editing: YTMP3 lets you modify, edit, and personalize file names before you save them.
- Multiple Formats Supported: The files you download can be converted and saved in both MP3 and MP4 formats.
- It is a toolbar-free website
- It is virus-free and does not involve any hidden advertisements or pop-ups
- It has a clean and uncluttered user interface
- It is ideal for personal, non-commercial use
- It uses web beacons and cookies to provide users with seamless service in the future
- It is swift and conversion usually takes about 2 minutes
- It does not support batch conversions
- It does not allow the conversion of videos that are not available in the public domain
- It does not let you change the audio file’s quality
- It does not support videos of over 1 hour in length
2. Free Video Downloader for YouTube
Free Video Downloader for YouTube is a user-friendly tool that thousands of people throughout the world use. It is a high-speed YouTube to MP3 Converter that supports integration with various third-party apps for a seamless video download and conversion experience.
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms: You can use the tool to save videos from platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, and many others.
- High-Quality Videos: The tool that can be used to convert and save videos is 720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K, and 8KUHD with 60fps.
- The interface is action-oriented and crisp without any pop-ups or advertisements
- No software download or installation is needed – just copy and paste the URL of the video for conversion
- It offers simultaneous downloading of video and MP3 audio files
- It allows users to save videos in multiple formats such as WEBM and MP4 and audio as M4A and MP3
- It allows users to save unlimited playlists, MP3 and video downloads
- It does not offer any paid subscription that has more advanced functionalities
- It is not Mac-compatible
- Only 3 links can be queued at the same time
One of the easiest to use converters in ClipGrab. It provides a quick and efficient way to download and convert videos independently of a browser. Furthermore, it is suitable for both businesses and individuals for personal use. That said, you have to download and install it before you can start using it.
- Supports Multiple File Formats: You can use it to convert videos into different formats such as MP3, OGG Theora, WMV, MPEG4, and OGG Vorbis.
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms: The tool allows you to download and convert videos from various platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
- Options for Different Quality
- It is one of the fastest tools currently available
- It has a dedicated forum for users
- It provides the option of downloading audio-only from video source files
- It comes with a detailed FAQ page that describes in detail how to download videos from different platforms and convert them
- It automatically detects links to your clipboard and downloads it immediately
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, and more
- You have to download software before using it
- You cannot install ClipGrab on Apple devices such as the iPhone or iPad
- It does not offer any premium (paid) version with extra functionalities and features
What to Look for in a YouTube to MP3 Converter?
People typically use YouTube downloaders for personal purposes most of the time. Some professionals may also use them occasionally for business deliverables too. While the feature requirements often vary from person to person, some traits are desirable for all users.
Here are some features to look for:
1. Quality of Audio
The converted file should not only have a high resolution but also great video quality. You should preferably have the option to select your preferred quality, whether it is low, high, or medium.
You may like a video that is in a different language and view the subtitled while you stream it on YouTube. In such a situation, you will most likely prefer a tool that’s capable of converting the video into a different format while keeping the subtitles.
3. Batch Downloads
You may sometimes wish to download YouTube videos in bulk. The batch downloading feature is likely o come in handy in such cases. It is thus important to ensure that any tool you choose lets you download and convert multiple video files simultaneously.
4. Compatible with Multiple File Formats
The vast majority of converters have MP3 as the default file format, but you may require a different file format such as AAC, FLAC, and MP4, among others.
5. In-Built Editors
Video editing requirements can come up at just about any time, whether you are converting in a professional or personal capacity. It is thus an essential prerequisite for selecting a tool.
The tool you choose should be capable of converting YouTube videos into MP3 or other formats at high speed. A converter that takes too much time for conversion can hamper both personal and business commitments.